Wedding Catering Checklist
We have over 25 years experience in catering for all kinds of weddings and you may find that you can cover most of the main points and get the important information you are looking for by giving us a quick call on 01275 333 308 or by using our online contact form.
We are friendly and approachable and we aim to be as helpful as possible.
Wedding Catering Checklist
Start working on finding the catering company with plenty of time to spare – preferably 9 months or so. If you don’t have that much time before your wedding, don’t panic – have a good look at options you have and follow the next point on this list…..
- Firstly make sure that the caterer is available on the date of your wedding and that they can offer the service in your geographical area. Topline Catering for example cover an area of 50 miles radius around Bristol and Bath. Please call us on 01275 333 308 to ask about availability.
- Try to get an idea of the type of food you would like and find out what type of menus are available from the catering company. Although for many weddings a sit down, multi course meal may be the main considered option it is your day and you may prefer buffet style, self service or something completely different. A good starting place is to look on the catering company’s website for sample menus – the Topline sample menus are here. Contact the catering company to ask about the exact menu possibilities.
- Make sure that the catering company are able to deal with any special dietary requests.
- Look at testimonials / customer comments / written recommendations. If the wedding catering company has plenty of recent testimonials in hard copy or online that it can show you, this can give you a good indication of the type of service you can expect to receive. Topline’s customer comments can be viewed online here.
- Discuss the venue and the practicalities of the catering in relation to that venue. Topline Catering for example have a fully stocked mobile kitchen, and plenty of experience in working in lots of different venues. Topline also have links with and experience of working with marquee companies as well as having links with 2 special wedding venues, Folly Farm and Kilver Court near Shepton Mallet. Topline also have links with DJs and wedding photographers.
- Discuss the service arrangements e.g. the chairs, tables, cutlery, glasses, bar, setting up of the room and the waiting staff. Topline can help with all of these services. All of our staff are experienced, friendly and helpful and pride themselves in providing first class service so that all wedding guests feel as though they’ve been looked after properly.
- Think about whether you really want to organise and co-ordinate several different companies and services to create your wedding or whether it may be better to seek one really good wedding catering company that has working links with all of the other services that you need.
Topline Catering offer a complete wedding catering service and much more. Call us now on 01275 333 308.