As a professional wedding catering company with 30 years + experience we have had the privilege of being part of the special day for many couples. Over time, tastes and trends in wedding reception and wedding party food have changed, and today’s couples enjoy greater flexibility, choice, and personalisation in the kind of food, drink, style of reception and venues that they can choose. This doesn’t lessen the importance and significance of the day, but rather gives them the opportunity to create something that’s as close to their personal tastes and means as possible. As wedding caterers, focusing on the Bristol and Bath area, we listen to our customers and we’re also able to offer help and advice to enable them to make the food, drink, service, and sometimes the venue, match their hopes and expectations as closely as possible.
Food & Drink Choice
Our customers have a wide choice of food and drink menus to choose from – see some examples on our menus page here: https://www.toplinecatering.co.uk/menus/
Each year the media, bloggers, and other commentators highlight some of the latest trends and ways to add extra dimensions to wedding receptions and the food and drink choices. Some can be helpful and inspirational. Here are some of the latest wedding food ideas we’ve noticed:
- Seasonal menus, food/ingredients with provenance. Some writers argue that where the food comes from e.g. locally sourced, even at a wedding can give guests a more positive feeling about it, in the same way as if they chose it in a restaurant.
- More non-meat options. Many people have now opted to reduce the amount of meat in their diet for health and environmental reasons, and imaginative and tasty non-meat dishes can be enjoyed by all.
- Include more global dishes. Many people regularly eat and enjoy dishes from many different countries. This is often reflected in the food outlets at events and festivals.
- Woodfired oven food or outdoor roasted food. Hog roasts and/or wood-fired pizzas can be popular and appetizing at outdoor receptions in the warmer months.
- Cocktails, mocktails and personalised drinks, flavoured and cider options, and plenty of prosecco.
Social media also provides some great food and presentation suggestions e.g. this Pinterest page: https://www.pinterest.co.uk/onefabday/wedding-food-ideas/
Your Wedding Catering
Established in 1986 Topline catering has a strong reputation for its wedding catering. We are based in Chew Magna with a kitchen in Paulton and we focus our wedding catering service on Bristol, Bath and the surrounding area.
Our office is open from 9 am to 5 pm 6 days a week. For more information about how we can help you with your special day, please call us on 01275 333 308 or contact us online.